Nick presented at the World Social Marketing Conference held in Toronto, Canada. His paper showed how to support social and behaviour change through the use of change agents. It will be useful for those designing and implementing social marketing programs and research. How we select change agents – e.g. peer educators, opinion leaders, community health workers and counsellors – helps determine the effectiveness of a program. While there is evidence to support the use of change agents, there are limitations to current methods to select effective ones. This paper examined new evidence from the field for a method to help find effective change agents. It will draw on several case studies, including alcohol use in Australia and an Indonesian community based sanitation program.
Making social and behaviour change goodGoodwin Collaboration provides international services in research, strategy, design, management, teaching, fundraising and evaluation. We provide proven expertise to help our clients communicate change, improve behaviours, market solutions and strengthen communities.
Tagsadvertising alcohol Asia AusAID Australia behaviour change brand business carbon child China community digital economy education entertainment environment Gates gender government health HIV/AIDS India Indonesia innovation Malaysia maternal media mobile non-profit obesity partnership reproductive safety Singapore social marketing social media technology tobacco USA USAID Vietnam violence women youth
- Women change agents help address Avian Flu in Indonesia goodwincollaboration.com/2013/03/02/ais… #globaldev #socmar 1 month ago
- Indian men skirt the issue of violence against women goodwincollaboration.com/2013/02/16/ind… #socmar #globaldev 1 month ago
- Here's a free Application Template for Round 3 of the Saving Lives at Birth – Grand Challenges #socmar #globaldev goodwincollaboration.com/2013/02/11/app… 3 months ago
- Total Market Approach - involves private sector to enhance equity & sustainability for public services eg. bit.ly/146hdtx #socmar 3 months ago
- Opportunity: USAID announces TRANSFORM (Translating Effective Practices from Research, Marketing and Design) RFP 1.usa.gov/Wbhciy 4 months ago
- Change agents and social marketing presentation at the World Social Marketing Conference in Toronto
- AusAID releases concept note for new Maternal and Newborn Health and Nutrition Program for Indonesia
- DKT International – the purest marketing approach to behavior change?
- Half the Sky Movement games to achieve social impact
- Improving health and nutrition through Galli Galli Sim Sim, the Indian co-production of Sesame Street
- Women change agents help address Avian Flu in Indonesia
- Vietnam’s LIN Center for Community Development
- Indian men skirt the issue of violence against women
- One Billion Rising Movement comes to Indonesia
- Application Template for Saving Lives at Birth – Grand Challenges Round 3